Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
The Oscars of Maintenance: The 2016 FMD Achievement Awards
Hollywood has the Academy Awards. Maintenance and engineering departments have the Facility Maintenance Decisions Achievement Awards. As a bonus, receiving an award does not require long, boring speeches.
In their seventh year, the awards shine a spotlight on the value of maintenance and engineering departments in institutional and commercial facilities. The awards are a chance for departments to earn a well-deserved pat on the back.
The magazine created the awards to recognize the crucial role departments play in the cost-effective, energy-efficient operation of facilities. They recognize notable achievements in four categories:
- Renovations and Retrofits, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, roofing, and grounds care
- Financial Management, including capital and operating budgeting and notable project savings, and product specification.
- Sustainability, including water conservation, energy efficiency, green purchasing, and recycling.
- Personnel Management, including recruiting, training, retention, and outsourcing.
Good luck from the editors of Facility Maintenance Decisions. We look forward to reading about all the fruits from your department’s labors.