- Senior Director of Facilities »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
Tips for More Effective Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
May 9, 2016 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
Effective maintenance planning and scheduling will deliver a safer and more cost effective work environment for asset-intensive facility, according to an article on the Assetivity website.
The benefits can include:
• Planned work is inherently safer to perform than unplanned tasks
• Labor productivity increases up to 60 percent
• Ability to collect and analyze data for failure analysis/trending
• Accurate budget forecasting
The objective of maintenance planning and scheduling is to allow maintenance personnel to prepare and perform the required task in a safe and cost effective manner.
Read more about healthcare on the Healthcare Facilities Today website.
This Quick Read was submitted by Cathryn Jakicic, Healthcare Industries Editor, Facilities.net.