- Maintenance Assistant (Atlanta, GA) »
- Head Gardener »
- Senior Project Manager (Electrical & Tech) »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
- Engineer - Costa Mesa, CA »
Nationwide Children's Hospital Earns LEED Gold
January 25, 2016 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
The Nationwide Children’s Hospital’s Research Building III in Columbus, Ohio, received LEED Gold Certification.
Factors contributing to the building III receiving LEED certification include:
• A “neighborhood” approach to lab planning was used that facilitates current, collaborative research paradigms and affords occupants views to daylight and nature in two directions
• Advanced technology that senses air quality, increasing and decreasing ventilation as needed. This technology simultaneously saves energy and improves indoor air quality and alone contributed 7 percent to the overall energy savings
• The facility uses nearly 40 percent less water than a comparable laboratory building
Read more about healthcare on the Healthcare Facilities Today website.
This Quick Read was submitted by Cathryn Jakicic, Healthcare Industries Editor, Facilities.net.