- Facilities Manager »
- Senior Manager of Facilities, Project Management »
- Director, Space Management & Planning »
- Gen. Mngr. Fac. Mngmt. Oklahoma City »
- Asst. Vice President, Facilities & Operations »
Healthcare Facilities' Must Manage Emergencies for Hours, Days After
August 28, 2019 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
Healthcare facilities across the country are training to handle the initial response to and the aftermath of active shooter incidents, according to an article on the EMS1 website. Key aspects of the process include:
* Prepare for the media onslaught. It is imperative to provide the media an access point which is near enough to the scene to provide a good backdrop, but not so close that it interferes with the recovery efforts and investigation process.
* Devote resources to family support. A family information center should be set up outside of the hospital to allow families to get updates and assistance.
* Consider the logistics of handling casualties. The handling and storing of bodies is an integral piece of any mass-shooter response plan.