- W.L. Gore - Electrical Engineer »
- Director, Space Management & Planning »
- Senior Manager of Facilities, Project Management »
- Asst. Vice President, Facilities & Operations »
- Gen. Mngr. Fac. Mngmt. Oklahoma City »
Candida Auris Now One of the World's Most Feared Hospital Microbes
September 6, 2019 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
Candida auris was only discovered 10 years ago but is now one of the world's most feared hospital microbes, according to the BBC.
Higher temperatures may have led to an increase in infections - with outbreaks reported around the world.
Up to 60 percent of patients who get a C. auris infection have died. The fungus can survive on surfaces for a long time and cannot be killed using most common detergents and disinfectants.
Using the right cleaning chemicals is important to eliminate it from hospitals, especially if there is an outbreak.