EPA Registers First Disinfectants Effective Against Candida Auris
February 26, 2020 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency registered 11 products that can be used to disinfect surfaces against Candida auris Feb. 12, according to Becker's Clinical Leadership & Infection Control.
They are the first disinfectants to be specifically developed for use against C. auris. Cases of Candida auris in the U.S. rose to 1,018 by the end of 2019, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported.
The brand names for the disinfectants registered:
• Avert Sporicidal Disinfectant Cleaner
• Micro-Kill Bleach Germicidal Bleach Wipes
• Oxivir 1
• Oxivir 1 Wipes
• Oxivir Wipes
• Oxycide Daily Disinfectant Cleaner
• Wonder Woman Formula B Germicidal Wipes
• Wonder Woman Formula B Spray