- Facilities Manager »
- Facilities and Maintenance Technician »
- Director of Facilities Planning »
- Maintenance Assistant »
- Maintenance Technician I or II »
Urban Land Institute Recognizes Standout Sustainable Projects
The Urban Land Institute (ULI) recently announced the winners in its Americas Awards for Excellence.
Eight projects from the U.S. and one from Canada earned recognition, and two additional projects in the U.S. received special mention. To qualify, the projects must be financially viable and in operation. They were evaluated across a number of factors including design, amenities, economic impact, community engagement and sustainability.
The winners are:
- EPIC, Hollywood, California
- Essex Crossing, New York
- Homekey LifeMoves North, Mountain View, California
- HopeWorks Station North, Everett, Washington
- Indigenous Peoples Experience at Ford Edmonton Park, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Meyer Memorial Trust Headquarters, Portland, Oregon
- PopCourts!, Chicago
- St. Pete Pier, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Taylor Street Apartments and Little Italy Branch Library, Chicago
- Truax Lofts, San Diego.
- Receiving special mention were Helios Education Campus in Phoenix and Monon Boulevard and Midtown Plaza in Carmel, Indiana.
Dave Lubach is managing editor, Facility Market.
The index measures how countries are reducing greenhouse gas emissions, implementing renewable energy and enacting other environmental measures.
Police were called to the Willis Tower in downtown Chicago late afternoon on July 13 to respond to an active shooter situation on the building’s 50th floor.
The CDC published its findings on public K–12 schools’ preferred ventilation strategies as part of their wider Covid-19 protocols.