- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- Plumber, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- HVAC Leadperson - 999921 »
- Manager Plant Operations, Facility Operations »
- HVAC Building Engineer (3rd Shift) JR 24574 »
Creating a Dynamic, Creative Workplace
October 22, 2010 - Contact FacilitiesNet Editorial Staff »
Creating a collaborative work environment for facility occupants may be at the top of an organization's priority list. Spaces that foster creativity and collaboration can increase productivity and occupant satisfaction.
To create a successful collaborative environment, be sure to have a flexible IT infrastructure, space that is comfortable in acoustics, ergonomics and lighting, access to fresh air and natural light, and a wide variety of different types of meeting environments, such as meeting tables, couches, and stand-up work areas. New technologies, such as interactive whiteboards, collaborative software and videoconferencing equipment will also encourage collaboration.