5 keys to creating a positive workplace
The head groundskeeper of the Reno Aces uses social media to recruit Gen Z into the field
The Detroit office of WPP, an advertising, media and communications company, has deep roots in Detroit through the Ford Motor Company, a longstanding client. The Detroit location, designed by BDG architecture + design, is an adaptive re-use of the Marquette Building, a 1905 historic structure that had originally been the site of the Murphy Power Company and the Murphy Storage and Ice Company.
Replacing most of a 1979 renovation, most of the interior was removed and rebuilt. All of the building systems are new: HVAC, lighting and graphics. The gist of the architectural interventions was not to include anything that was non-essential. Accordingly, much of what has been exposed in the original structure is visible: brick walls, columns, window frames and staircases. Bracings, cast iron fire stair, windows, mosaics and concrete floors were left in place; sliding barn doors are from the original building as well, giving the interior a sense of place and authenticity.
Tying it all together