Uninterruptible Power System Delivers Flexible Power Protection - Eaton Corporation - Facility Management Product Release
Power management company Eaton launched the Eaton 9PX uninterruptible power system (UPS) available in 2 to 3 kilovolt-ampere (kVA) units. The 9PX 2-3 kVA UPS line delivers new automation options designed to help information technology (IT) managers remotely manage and protect critical infrastructure while saving time and money.
“Reliability and energy efficiency are industry standards for today’s UPSs. The true differentiation lies in preserving valuable time and resources for IT professionals,” says David Windsor, product manager, Eaton. “Not only do our new 9PX models provide industry leading efficiency, but they’re also designed to integrate into a wide variety of applications, from IT to industrial. They work seamlessly with leading virtualization technologies as part of a complete strategy to organize, protect and manage critical IT assets.”
Among other benefits, the 9PX offers:
● Fast, flexible deployment: For those managing IT, edge networks, industrial automation, healthcare, K-12 and similar applications, speed of deployment and ease of use are now critical to maximizing IT investments. A graphical LCD menu, rack/tower form factor, and variety of model types make the 9PX adaptable to nearly any environment.
● Seamless integration: Remote monitoring and management capabilities are increasingly important as many operators move off-site and work within virtualized environments. Eaton focuses on virtual machine-centric management, disaster recovery and validated integration capabilities to help IT managers improve their infrastructure performance. The 9PX pairs with Eaton’s Intelligent Power Manager™ software, providing the tools required for advanced management within physical and virtual environments. The software increases system uptime and data integrity by allowing IT professionals to remotely monitor, manage and control power devices.
● Intuitive remote management: By adding a communication card, 9PX users can monitor and control power usage in real-time. A Network Management Card (NMC) allows users to reboot protected devices over SNMP/web, initiate live migration of virtual machines, remotely notify and send email/SMS notifications and alarms, and record data for historic trending and analysis. An NMC can also integrate with industry-leading virtualization platforms and perform customizable actions, such as automatic shutdown in the event of an extended power failure. IT professionals in industrial environments can remotely shut down the 9PX and restart it automatically with a new remote on/off (ROO) port.
Furthermore, Eaton’s PredictPulse remote monitoring and management service offering monitors and analyzes UPS infrastructure to enable better decision making. When an issue arises, Eaton calls the customer to begin the resolution process.
With double-conversion topology for constant power conditioning and up to 93 percent efficiency, the Energy Star-qualified 9PX provides superior protection while reducing energy and cooling costs. It is built for scalable deployment and features a graphical LCD interface that enables local access to configurations and settings, history and diagnostics, energy consumption and load segment control. Additionally, the 2 and 3 kVA 9PX models include Eaton’s three-stage ABM charging and monitoring technology to keep batteries cool and extend their lifetime by up to 50 percent. The ABM cycle tests batteries proactively, giving advanced audible and remote alerts of risks to battery health.
- Smart Grid Goes Mainstream
- How Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Augment Smart Grid, Energy Savings
- Smart Grid: How to Integrate Buildings for Maximum Benefit
- 3 Outdated Assumptions About Energy Management
- Arc Flash Labeling Best Practice Guide Available
- Assess Energy Options Carefully