- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Facilities Director »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
Tool Combines Thermal Imaging, Multimeter Capabilities - Fluke Corp. - Facility Management Product Release
Thermal imagers are invaluable to help quickly troubleshoot electrical equipment, panels, and transformers but electricians and maintenance technicians often don’t have access to one when they need it. Fluke’s 279 FC TRMS Thermal Multimeter, the first test tool to integrate a full-featured true RMS (TRMS) digital multimeter (DMM) with a thermal camera in one device to speed troubleshooting.
The 279 FC allows technicians to quickly and safely check for hot spots in fuses, wires, insulators, connectors, splices, and switches with the imager and then troubleshoot and analyze issues with the DMM. By combining two powerful test tools into one, electricians and technicians can carry fewer tools and have a higher level of confidence they have the tools handy to solve problems.
The thermal multimeter features 15 electrical measurement functions including ac/dc voltage, resistance, continuity, capacitance, diode test, min/max, and frequency. The optional iFlex clamp can wrap around conductors and wires in tight, hard-to-reach spaces and expands its measurement capabilities to include ac current up to 2500 A. The 3.5 inch (8.89 cm) full-color LCD screen makes for easy, clear viewing of images.
The wireless 279 FC is part of Fluke Connect — a system of wireless test tools that communicate via the Fluke Connect app, or Fluke Connect Assets software, a cloud-based solution that gathers measurements to provide a comprehensive view of critical equipment status — allowing technicians to record and share both thermal images and electrical measurements in real time via their smartphones or tablets and automatically upload them to the cloud. Reports can be created and shared right from the job site via email and collaborate in real time with other colleagues with ShareLive video calls, which increases productivity in the field.
The CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V safety rated thermal multimeter has a rechargeable lithium ion battery that lasts up to a full work day (more than 10 hours) under normal conditions.
- Aerial Lift Rental: High-Level Maintenance
- Backup Power Supplies Help Ensure Smooth Operations
- Diagnostic Technology: Thermal Imaging Cameras and Beyond
- Key Decision: Renting vs. Buying Equipment
- 3 Key Questions to Get the Right Portable Cooling Units
- 3 Key Questions Managers Should Answer for Renting Generators
- 3 Key Questions on Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
- Aerial Work Platforms: Safety Tips
- DeWalt Boosts Battery Power with Lithium-Ion System
- Diagnostic and Monitoring: Tools to Analyze Power Quality