- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
- Facilities Director »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
Textured Membrane Gives Managers New Roofing Surface Option - Sika Roofing - Facility Management Product Release
Sika Roofing introduced the Sarnafil Textured Membrane, an innovative product that will give facility and maintenance managers another surface option.
Sika pioneered the use of PVC for roofing applications in 1962 by developing Sarnafil, the world’s first thermoplastic membrane reinforced with fabric. Sarnafil membranes are now available with texture, providing the building owner with an additional surface option. Textured membrane can be mechanically attached or adhered.
The new Textured Membrane will be offered in 60 mil Sarnafil G410 and S327 bareback membranes in Gray. This Gray color allows for use of standard Light Gray prefabricated flashings, details and clad metal. The membrane, which is eligible for Sika’s System Warranty up to 20 years and is both FM and UL approved, can be used as the primary roof membrane or second layer over an existing Sarnafil or Sikaplan system.
Textured Membrane is also part of Sika’s Sarnafil Thickness Guarantee program, which guarantees that the thickness of any Sarnafil membrane will meet or exceed the thickness indicated on the package label.
- A Guide To Single Ply Roofing Products
- Finding Roof Leaks: Three Places to Check For Leaks
- Green Roof Systems Explained
- Picking A Cool Roof: SRI Index Is Key
- Wet Roof Deck?
- What You Need To Know About Flat Roof Coatings
- The Resilience Benefits of Cool Roofing
- A Warming World Needs Cool Roofing
- Understanding Maintenance Requirements for Roof Coatings Systems