- CCC-Public Works Field Ops Manager »
- Facilities Technician »
- Facilities Property Coordinator »
- Custodial Assistant »
- DEPUTY FACILITIES DIRECTOR »
Tailgate Spreader Applies Salt, Ice onto Slippery Roads, Pathways - SnowEx - Facility Management Product Release
The SnowEx Tailgate Pro spreaders feature more compact controls with fewer wires for enhanced functionality and simpler installation. Offering hopper capacities of 5.75 and 10.75 cubic feet, respectively, the SP-575X and SP-1075X single-stage spreaders can apply salt and de-icing materials to roads, driveways, parking lots and recreational paths.
Allowing material spread width adjustment up to 40 feet, the new enhanced spreader control is more compact compared with previous models. A redesigned electrical system, using fewer wires, makes the control less obtrusive in the cab and gives users more flexibility when mounting. Featuring intuitive LED indicator lights and a digital diagnostic display, the control also has auxiliary functionality that allows any accessories plugged into the spreader to be easily controlled from the cab.
The SP-575X comes with a standard 2-inch receiver hitch. Meanwhile, a newly enhanced universal pivot mount – available as an option for the SP-1075X – allows the spreader to swing away from the tailgate for convenient access to the truck bed. The pivot mount’s ability to adjust for varying heights, widths and styles allows it to cater to a wide range of pickup trucks, SUVs, UTVs and tractors.
Located in an enclosure on the spreader, the Fleet Flex electrical system provides power to all accessories and allows for complete fleet interchangeability between other single-stage Fleet Flex system tailgate spreaders.
The Tailgate Pro features a heavy-duty modular steel frame protected by a two-stage powder coat paint system that provides a maintenance-free finish. Constructed of high-density, lightweight polyethylene, the hopper has a low-profile design that keeps the vehicle’s rear window unobstructed and allows for increased operator visibility and safety.
Each model features a 3-inch, vertical high-flow auger that produces consistent material flow. With no belts, pulleys or chains, downtime is minimized. The direct-drive system is mounted in a patented sealed drive enclosure and is built to last with a revolutionary, maximum-torque transmission.
Other standard features include a top screen and fitted lid for the hopper. To further boost material flow, an optional vibrator kit can be easily connected to the standard control without running additional wires or switches.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- Training, Good Maintenance Are Crucial to Snow and Ice Management
- Snow and Ice Management: Strategies to Prepare for Winter Operations
- How to Create Mower Specifications to Meet Different Needs
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today