Sprinkler Provides Broad Coverage in Interstitial Spaces - Viking - Facility Management Product Release
With a coverage area up to 16-by-16 feet, and a maximum height of 60 inches, the 5.6K COIN (COmbustible INterstitial) Model VK950 is a quick response specific application upright sprinkler for combustible interstitial (concealed) spaces, such as those found between floors and for low-pitch attics with roof pitches up to and including 2/12.
The sprinkler features a glass bulb operating element and special deflector that delivers the operation speed and broad distribution pattern required in shallow combustible concealed spaces. COIN sprinklers are designed to protect areas constructed of wood truss, non-combustible bar joist, solid wood joists, or composite wood joists.
COIN sprinklers are cULus Listed for use in specific light hazard combustible as well as non-combustible concealed spaces requiring sprinkler protection as outlined in NFPA 13, and can be installed in both CPVC and steel wet pipe sprinkler systems. When using steel pipe, they can be also be used in dry sprinkler systems.
The Model VK950 has a 200 F temperature rating and features a ½ in (15 mm) NPT thread size. In addition to the standard brass finish, the sprinkler is available with an Electroless Nickel PTFE (ENT) plating for corrosion resistance.
Viking also offers an extensive line of specific application Attic sprinklers suited for both wet and dry pipe systems in combustible and non-combustible sloped attic spaces.
- Photoluminescent Egress Lighting: How It Works And Why
- The Importance of Firestop Training
- How to Ensure an Accurate Test Report After Annual Fire Alarm Inspection
- Training and Certification Requirements for Maintaining Fire Alarm Systems
- Code Considerations for Inspecting, Testing, and Maintaining Fire Alarm Systems
- Abandoned Cabling Increases Fire Risk
- Active Shooter Standard Fast-Tracked by NFPA
- Active Shooter Standard in Development at NFPA