Software Optimizes Chiller Plant Operation - Optimum Energy - Facility Management Product Release
OptimumEDGE is a quickstart HVAC optimization solution that shaves energy use by 13 percent on average — and cuts water use as well without affecting building operations or comfort. The module was engineered for small to midsize facilities with up to three chillers and a combined cooling capacity of 400 to 2,000 tons.
The relational control algorithms of OptimumEDGE optimize chiller system components in relation to one another in response to realtime loads and changing ambient and occupancy conditions. Most conventional control technologies optimize components individually to fixed set points.
Benefits include gains in equipment efficiency, the prevention of performance drift and insights into plant operations. Facilities can earn LEED and Energy Star points.
OptimumEDGE software runs on a JACE 8000 controller that operates with Niagara 4, which ensures optimal security and performance.
- Understanding Options for HVAC Technician Training
- Cleaning Strategies for Healthy Workplaces During Coronavirus Pandemic
- How To Build Buy-In for HVAC Training
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation