- ELECTRICIAN »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Facilities Director »
Slip-resistance Floor Tester - Regan Scientific Instruments - Facility Management Product Release
The BOT-3000E Tribometer meets ANSI A326.3 Standard, “American National Standard Test Method for Measuring Dynamic Coefficient of Friction of Hard Surface Flooring Materials” (DCOF), initially tested and set in 2017. The BOT-3000E also meets the requirements of ASTM 2508 for validation and certification of walkway tribometers.
After 20 years, the tile industry’s way of measuring, reporting and interpreting coefficient of friction (COF) has completely changed. The ANSI/TCNA A326.3 standard offers a more dynamic test method with the option to conduct a dry or wet test in the lab or in the field regardless of conditions. The standard was released by the Tile Council of North America’s Accredited Standards Committee on ceramic tile A108.
Preventing slips and falls is a major risk management factor and testing is a crucial risk abatement process for building owners, operators and facilities managers. A recent study of slips and falls indicated that 50 percent of surfaces failed to meet the threshold of the current standard for the dynamic coefficient of friction (DCOF) test reported in the CNA Insurance Slips & Falls case-study.
- Carpet Installation Procedures: Best Practices To Follow
- Carpet Quality Matters: Ways to Evaluate Carpet Quality
- Choosing The Best Carpet Patterns
- Green Flooring: Consider Cork and Linoleum
- How Do You Clean Cork Floors?
- Key Components of a Flooring Maintenance Program
- Olefin Carpet Applications
- Tips For Applying Concrete Floor Coatings
- Understanding The Life Cycle Cost Of A VCT Floor
- Wood Floor Care Tips
- The Facilities Manager's Role in Flooring Projects
- Avoiding Flooring Hazards and Complying with OSHA
- Doing Flooring Right the First Time Avoids Wild Card Costs
- Acoustically Sound Classrooms
- Avoiding Adhesion Mishaps in Flooring
- Avoiding Pitfalls In LEED Certification For Interiors