Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
Silicone Roof Coating System Introduced as Sustainable Restoration Option - Mule-Hide Products Co. Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
The silicone roof coating system from Mule-Hide Products Co. Inc. extends the life of aging roofs, ensuring that they continue delivering watertight, energy efficient performance while significantly delaying the day when tear-offs — with the associated cost, landfill waste and disruption to building occupants — are needed.
The system can be used to restore and repair asphalt, modified bitumen, metal, concrete, TPO, PVC and EPDM roofing systems. It includes:
• Si cleaner to prepare the substrate for priming;
• Two primers to improve adhesion of the top coat — Si 2-Part Epoxy Primer for use on built-up, modified bitumen, EPDM, PVC, metal, concrete, and aluminum-coated roofs and in areas subject to ponding water; and Si TPO Primer for use on TPO membranes;
• 100 percent silicone sealant – A multi-purpose sealant for use, in conjunction with Tietex™ reinforcement roofing fabric, in completing repair and maintenance tasks;
• Three top coats – 100 percent silicone roof coating (available in white and gray), 100 percent silicone masonry wall coating (available in white and gray) and 100 percent silicone skylight coating (available in clear);
• Si cleaning solvent to wash tools and equipment.
“Extending the life of a roof is money in the bank for the building owner, and is the sustainable choice,” says Kate Baumann, director of marketing and procurement for Mule-Hide Products. ”Every year, roof tear-offs add millions of tons of roofing materials to landfills. The Silicone roof coating system helps contractors and building owners reduce that waste while enhancing the building’s energy efficiency and providing years of durable, low-maintenance, seamless protection.”
Silicone’s low water absorption provides superior resistance to ponding water. The Silicone roof coating system outperforms both conventional solvent and solvent-free protective roof coatings.
A quick cure time makes same-day re-coating possible, helping complete jobs fast.
All products are solvent-free and comply with volatile organic compound (VOC) regulations throughout North America.
White top coats meet Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) cool roof requirements, helping building owners reduce energy consumption and costs by reflecting solar energy, reducing temperatures inside the building and improving the efficiency of rooftop air-conditioning units.
The fully adhered system protects the roofing system from damage caused by ultraviolet radiation, reduces thermal shock and seals water entry points.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- Concrete Coating Considerations
- Mowers and Total Cost of Ownership
- Mowers: Understanding Options
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today