- Facilities Director »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
Security Management System Offers Upgraded Features - Johnson Controls Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
The P2000 from Johnson Controls, already known for integrating video surveillance, fire alarms and building management systems, now offers more options to better protect people, property and assets. Enhanced features include web-based alarm management, geo-location mapping, enhanced video technology, and mobile compatibility to Google Android devices that will help security personnel and building owners better assess threats and respond appropriately.
The web-based alarm manager allows operators to see and respond to all alarms inside a facility or throughout their campus. Geo-location mapping features help users view, understand and manage what is happening in specific locations in real-time. New case management functionality also links photos, video clips, and documentation to specific alarms or security events for investigation and archiving needs.
The P2000 has a new, more robust video application for viewing live and recorded video from integrated third-party video management systems. The video viewer currently supports Aimetis Symphony and P2000 VMS. It will also interface with ONVIF profile G compliant video management systems.
The P2000’s Wi-Fi mobile applications are now available for Google Android devices.
“We’ve updated the P2000 to help address our customers’ ever-evolving needs. Building security is all about access to the right information at the right time, especially when seconds matter. The P2000 delivers that and more,” says Laura Farnham, vice president and general manager, Security and Fire North America, Johnson Controls.
Additional features also include mobile door locking controls, and enhanced user identification tools for monitoring, assessing and managing individual access to doorways and access points.
- A Risk Assessment Ensures Good Building Security
- Conduct A Building Security Audit To Ensure The Best Security for Occupants
- Emergency Notification Systems: Three Choices To Consider
- How Can CCTV Surveillance Systems Improve Security?
- How Does CCTV Work?
- How Window Security Film Works
- IP Security Camera Installation: Pros And Cons
- School Security Measures: Tips On Ways To Improve Security
- The Benefits of Pairing An Access Control System With A CCTV Setup
- The Benefits Of Smart Cards In An Access Control System
- The Danger of Fake Security Cameras
- Tips For Planning A Security Audit Checklist
- Visitor Management Systems Become More Sophisticated
- What Does CCTV Stand For?
- Automatic, Touchless Doors Can Help Slow the Spread of Coronavirus
- Access Control: Closing the Door on the Coronavirus
- 8 Principles of Crisis Architecture Can Help Mitigate Active Shooters
- "Crisis Architecture" Improves Odds of Surviving Active Shooters
- "It's Like Terminator!": How Hunter Drones Can Prevent Drone Attacks
- Access Control Testing