- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- ELECTRICIAN »
Scissor Lift Models Reduce Weight, Increase Durability - JLG Industries Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
The modified ES and RT lines improve durability and reparability, and reduce weight for certain models.
The platforms and deck extension surfaces for all ES model scissors have been upgraded to diamond plate steel to enhance strength, durability and reparability. A simple-to-use locking foot lever has replaced the rail-mounted locking handles for deploying the extension.
Two models, the 2030ES and 2630ES scissors, have been widened from 30 inches to 32 inches. Accordingly, the model names have been changed to 2032ES and 2632ES. The wider footprint allowed JLG engineers to reduce weight without compromising stability. The result is lighter machines with better weight displacement.
JLG’s entire RT scissor line will now feature steel hoods. Steel adds strength and durability, and is easy to repair if damaged.
“The weight reduction idea is a unique one that came out of a number of Voice-of-Customer studies that showed that customers are very much in-tune with the fine balance between price, features and lifecycle costs, and how these factors drive the value of the equipment they choose for their fleets,” says Paul Kreutzwiser, JLG Industries category director – global scissors/verticals. “Customer feedback is an important tool that helps us find innovative ways to mitigate annual price increases while delivering scissor lifts that are high quality and competitive in the marketplace.”
- Aerial Lift Rental: High-Level Maintenance
- Backup Power Supplies Help Ensure Smooth Operations
- Diagnostic Technology: Thermal Imaging Cameras and Beyond
- Key Decision: Renting vs. Buying Equipment
- 3 Key Questions to Get the Right Portable Cooling Units
- 3 Key Questions Managers Should Answer for Renting Generators
- 3 Key Questions on Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
- Aerial Work Platforms: Safety Tips
- DeWalt Boosts Battery Power with Lithium-Ion System
- Diagnostic and Monitoring: Tools to Analyze Power Quality