- Public Works Supervisor - Facilities Maintenance »
- Facilities Property Coordinator »
- Supervisor Plant Maintenance »
- Facilities Technician »
- CCC-Public Works Field Ops Manager »
Salt Spreader Specifically Designed for UTV Use - SnowEx - Facility Management Product Release
SnowEx’s V-Pro 2000 bulk spreader is specifically designed to accommodate the bed dimensions of most UTVs. The V-Pro 2000 easily addresses applications where only a UTV can go, such as sidewalks, bike paths and driveways.
The V-Pro 2000 has a multi-angled hopper, which can carry 11 cubic feet (880 pounds) of salt or sand/salt mixture and is designed for efficient material movement. This design creates a natural material vortex for maximum flow from the top of the hopper to the auger, helping prevent bridging and clogging.
Its polyethylene construction contains numerous advantages over traditional steel-built V-boxes. Not only does the polyethylene help resist corrosion, but it also reduces the amount of weight added to the UTV. At 280 pounds, the V-Pro 2000 can be easily loaded or unloaded without any special equipment.
Unlike other models on the market, the V-Pro 2000 features a quick-connect spinner drive assembly, which can be removed in seconds for easy access to the hitch. Competitors’ spreaders may require that the assembly be unbolted or that the entire spreader be removed before being able to tow. Using no engines, pulleys, sprockets, belts or chains, the V-Pro 2000 features an efficient direct drive system to the auger, which makes it very low maintenance and user-friendly. The cab-mounted dual variable-speed controller gives the operator full control over material flow and an adjustable spread pattern up to 30 feet.
The V-Pro 2000 comes with a top screen that keeps large clumps of salt out of the hopper, and a fitted tarp. Optional accessories include a pre-wet liquid tank system.
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- Training, Good Maintenance Are Crucial to Snow and Ice Management
- Snow and Ice Management: Strategies to Prepare for Winter Operations
- How to Create Mower Specifications to Meet Different Needs
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today