Remote Service Capability Part of Fire Alarm System - Tyco Simplex Grinnell - Facility Management Product Release
One of the latest technology innovations from Tyco SimplexGrinnell is TrueInsight Remote Service, an Internet of Things service solution that has brought remote diagnostics to the fire alarm industry. With TrueInsight, expert remote service technicians from Tyco SimplexGrinnell have an electronic window into the operation of advanced Simplex fire alarm systems 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This game-changing technology, part of Tyco SimplexGrinnell’s suite of eServices solutions, strengthens the company’s ability to meet life-safety and property protection needs. At the same time, the IoT-based solution can improve the customer experience and help facility professionals to manage their systems and operations more effectively and cost efficiently.
For facility professionals, the benefits of TrueInsight Remote Service include:
• Responsive system oversight: Using remote diagnostics, Tyco SimplexGrinnell proactively notifies the appropriate facility contact when there’s a trouble condition on the fire alarm system. TrueInsight provides valuable remote insight into the source of the problem, so we can immediately diagnose the issue -- even before dispatching a technician.
• Quicker, more effective problem: With TrueInsight, Tyco SimplexGrinnell’s rate of resolving problems on the first visit to the customer site is nearly 90%. That’s because certified TrueInsight remote technicians – the most knowledgeable in the Tyco SimplexGrinnell organization – can proactively drill into the diagnostic information to identify the source of the problem and make recommendations on the skills, parts and tools needed to resolve it. A local service technician can then be dispatched to fix the problem on the first visit.
• Less downtime, more operational continuity: TrueInsight Remote Service helps to avoid unnecessary interruptions to building operations. The remote diagnostics enable Tyco SimplexGrinnell to identify service issues that will soon need attention, but don’t require an immediate onsite visit. A follow-up visit can then be scheduled at a convenient time, or the service work can be combined with an already planned Tyco SimplexGrinnell inspection.
• Predictive fire alarm service: TrueInsight helps take the entire service experience to another level. For example, Tyco SimplexGrinnell can identify specific smoke detectors that are “almost dirty.” If not cleaned in the near term, these sensors will eventually reach a “dirty” stage and produce one or more troubles in the panel — most likely after working hours. By identifying “almost dirty” detectors in advance, Tyco SimplexGrinnell can help avoid costly, time-consuming nuisance alarms.
• Off-site records storage: The TrueInsight platform archives all fire alarm system activity off site for a full year, protecting valuable data and supporting documentation, reporting and compliance efforts.
• Peace of mind: TrueInsight gives facility professionals the peace of mind of knowing the building’s fire alarm system is in good hands all day, every day.
For more insights on the products, technology, benefits and challenges of the Building Internet of Things, visit www.FacilitiesNet.com/IoT
- Photoluminescent Egress Lighting: How It Works And Why
- The Importance of Firestop Training
- How to Ensure an Accurate Test Report After Annual Fire Alarm Inspection
- Training and Certification Requirements for Maintaining Fire Alarm Systems
- Code Considerations for Inspecting, Testing, and Maintaining Fire Alarm Systems
- Abandoned Cabling Increases Fire Risk
- Active Shooter Standard Fast-Tracked by NFPA
- Active Shooter Standard in Development at NFPA