- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Facilities Director »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Senior Director of Facilities »
Reflectant Roofing Surface Helps Drive Down Energy Costs - CertainTeed Corp. - Facility Management Product Release
The highly reflective, low-slope CoolStar® products contain an enhanced ceramic granule surface. The granulated, uncoated finish is designed to be one of the easiest, most cost-effective ways to lower commercial building energy consumption and increase occupant comfort. It handles like a standard roofing product without special installation requirements, is more aesthetically pleasing, and yet maintains a high solar reflectivity, reducing roof temperatures as much as 20 percent.
CoolStar products meet Energy Star® and California Title 24 requirements. CoolStar also qualifies for LEED points and meets NAHB® National Green Building Standards.
CoolStar is designed to work with a wide range of roof systems, including built-up roofing, SBS, APP and self-adhering modified bitumen. It is extremely flexible and durable, due to the layering of high-quality reinforcements, heavy asphalt coating and highly reflective ceramic granules. This toughness combats the negative effects of natural expansion and contraction caused by heating, cooling, light and moisture. In addition, the brilliant white CoolStar surface is factory applied for hassle-free, one-step installation, which helps reduce labor costs.
- A Guide To Single Ply Roofing Products
- Finding Roof Leaks: Three Places to Check For Leaks
- Green Roof Systems Explained
- Picking A Cool Roof: SRI Index Is Key
- Wet Roof Deck?
- What You Need To Know About Flat Roof Coatings
- The Resilience Benefits of Cool Roofing
- A Warming World Needs Cool Roofing
- Understanding Maintenance Requirements for Roof Coatings Systems