Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Reader Control Module - Matrix Systems Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
The company's Reader Control Module (RCM) with Power over Ethernet (PoE) with door strike capabilities secures remote entryway access control in airports, hospitals, corporate buildings, industrial plants, schools and government facilities.
PoE is available as an option on the RCM. The RCM III with PoE enables new and retrofit sites the cost-cutting alternative of supplying power to new door readers, door controllers and door strikes via the building?s Ethernet. PoE is an emerging security system technology that transmits electrical power and data to remote devices over an existing standard Ethernet network's twisted-pair CAT5 cables.
This eliminates up to 33 percent in installation/labor costs associated with running individual AC power supplies to new entryway access control hardware, according to the company. The RCM III can be installed by Matrix Systems? in-house technicians, integrators or by the end-user.
The RCM III is compliant with IEEE 802.3af standards and is designed to operate with new and existing Matrix Systems' software and hardware access control and security products. The RCM III is factory designed/manufactured in the U.S.
- A Risk Assessment Ensures Good Building Security
- Conduct A Building Security Audit To Ensure The Best Security for Occupants
- Emergency Notification Systems: Three Choices To Consider
- How Can CCTV Surveillance Systems Improve Security?
- How Does CCTV Work?
- How Window Security Film Works
- IP Security Camera Installation: Pros And Cons
- School Security Measures: Tips On Ways To Improve Security
- The Benefits of Pairing An Access Control System With A CCTV Setup
- The Benefits Of Smart Cards In An Access Control System
- The Danger of Fake Security Cameras
- Tips For Planning A Security Audit Checklist
- Visitor Management Systems Become More Sophisticated
- What Does CCTV Stand For?
- Emergency Preparedness Requirements in NFPA 3000
- New NFPA Standard Helps Facilities Prepare for Active Shooters
- 4 Strategies To Prevent Cybersecurity Attacks
- Access Control Testing
- Assess Future Needs When Putting In New Access Control
- Assess Vulnerabilities When Planning Security