- Facilities Manager »
- Gen. Mngr. Fac. Mngmt. Oklahoma City »
- Asst. Vice President, Facilities & Operations »
- Assistant Director- Plumbing Services »
- CU Denver Auraria Library Building Operations »
Pumps Increase Energy Efficiency, HVAC Peformance - Franklin Electric Co. Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Franklin Electric Co., Inc. offers the new Little Giant 6EC Series and 10EC Series pumps that provide lower current draw, higher energy efficiency, and improved performance in sump, dewatering, water transfer and light effluent applications. These new units feature cast iron covers and a polypropylene base that includes the stainless plate. Additional models are now available with a durable cast iron base providing increased intake area, reducing intake velocities and clogging potential. The 1/3 hp 6EC Series consumes only 5.0 amps while producing 53 gpm at 5 feet of head and reaching a maximum shut-off of 28 feet. The 1/2 hp 10EC Series touts a full-load rating of only 6.5 amps and produces 67 gpm at 5 feet of head with a maximum shut-off of 36 feet.
A replacement for the 6EN/10EN platform, the 6EC and 10EC Series pumps are designed for continuous duty, feature permanent split capacitor (PSC) motors with thermal overload protection, handle solids up to ½-inch (12.7 mm) in diameter, and have a 140-degrees Fahrenheit (60-degrees Celsius) liquid temperature rating. All 6EC and 10EC Series models include a 2-year warranty and are offered with the reliable Snap-Action Float Switch (SFS) featuring rugged stainless steel switch arms.
- 4 Effective Air Filtration System Options
- Higher Learning: Lessons in HVAC Efficiency
- 3 HVAC Measures To Fight COVID-19
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation