- Building Maintenance Technicians Needed! »
- Facility Manager at Colorado Nonprofit! »
- MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR »
- Executive Director »
- Director of Facilities Management »
Pump Drive Provides Extremely Low Harmonic Distortion - Yaskawa - Facility Management Product Release
The U1000 iQpump provides extremely low harmonic distortion in a space-saving design, along with the same on board intelligent pump-specific features and protection as the standard iQpump1000. This single component solution allows for seamless user transition and achieves excellent low distortion levels without the need for additional countermeasures such as passive filters or multi-pulse arrangements.
Unlike conventional drives, Yaskawa’s matrix technology employs a system of 9 bi-directional switches that are arranged in a matrix to convert a three-phase AC input voltage directly into a three phase AC output voltage. It eliminates the need for a rectifying circuit and a DC bus that are used in traditional AC inverters. Matrix technology reduces total harmonic distortion levels to less than the IEEE compliance standard of 5 percent, without the need for reactors and filters. The result is a smoother current waveform that reduces stress on the system power supply and infrastructure. Additionally, the U1000 iQpump improves true power factor to near unity at full load, reducing energy costs.
Not only does the U1000 iQpump drive provide outstanding harmonic performance, but being a member of the iQpump product family, it provides the same user experience for those already familiar with commissioning and maintaining the standard iQpump1000.
Other features of the U1000 iQpump drive include the following:
Integrated input fusing to provide 100kA SCCR
Eco-Mode to achieve near across-the- line THD
LCD operator with Hand/Off/Auto and Copy function
Internal real-time clock for event stamping
Available open-chassis drives include ratings of 10 to 100 HP (240V) and 7.5 to 350 HP (480V) with optional NEMA 1 end cap kits. U1000 iQpump is offered both as a stand-alone drive, as well as in NEMA 3R configured package solutions.
- Improving IAQ Doesn't Have to Break the Bank
- Smart Pumps Lead the Way to Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Goals
- Wood-Burning Boiler Balances Sustainability and Maintenance
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation