Power System Integration - Eaton's Electrical Business - Facility Management Product Release
Power Xpert Architecture is a Web-based system for measuring, monitoring, connecting and managing power systems. Modern networking technology, based on such prevalent communications standards as SNMP and Modbus TCP, enables organizations to integrate multi-vendor power and facilities infrastructure equipment into a seamlessly unified system. For the first time, Information Technology (IT) and facility managers have complete visibility of and access to real-time, accurately synchronized information related to power quality at both the system and equipment levels.
Based on the Ethernet protocol, the system provides a pathway for large volumes of data collected across the power system. Software and hardware components include:
- Meters measure and monitor critical information about the power system in real time.
- Gateways link equipment made by the company and other companies to Ethernet and the Web to produce a picture of the entire system. In addition, the gateways allow SNMP traps to be created to alert managers if problems arise.
- Network Time Servers synchronize the timing of network devices over Ethernet TCP/IP and provide access to complete timing for all possible power quality events.
- Software further enables facility and IT managers to analyze energy consumption, perform cost allocations and design system layouts in a virtual modeling environment.
The system is fully scaleable and may be deployed in basic, expanded, advanced and customized formats.
- 8 Steps to a Successful Emergency Communication System
- Equipment Options To Expand the Maintenance Arsenal
- UPS and Generator Maintenance: The In-House Option
- 3 Outdated Assumptions About Energy Management
- Arc Flash Labeling Best Practice Guide Available
- Assess Energy Options Carefully