Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Facilities Project Manager »
- Facility Maintenance Mechanic »
- Director of Facilities »
- Director of Facilities Management »
- Construction Surveillance Technician (CST) OCONUS »
Paint Certified as Asthma, Allergy Friendly Product - Benjamin Moore & Co. - Facility Management Product Release
Benjamin Moore announced its most environmentally friendly paint, Natura®, has been certified asthma & allergy friendly™ by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). This certification comes on the heels of Natura becoming the 2015 Product of the Year in the interior paint category and being Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Silver earlier this year, making Natura the most decorated paint by Benjamin Moore.
Asthma and allergies affect more than 370 million people worldwide, with 70 million in the United States alone. In 2006, AAFA collaborated with Allergy Standards Limited, an international physician-led certification company, to establish a scientific program to vet and identify consumer products that are more suitable for people with asthma and allergies.
“This is the latest step in our long history and commitment to manufacturing green paints that are safer for your family and the environment,” says Chris Connelly, director of brand management, Benjamin Moore. “With zero emissions and no harsh fumes, Natura truly is an eco-friendly paint that delivers on performance and color integrity.”
The certification program independently tests and identities consumer products that are more suitable for those living with asthma and allergies. Natura earned the certification with low odor, zero emissions and zero volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Paints and Coatings: Contractor Considerations
- Surface Preparation Dictates Success of Paints and Coatings Applications
- Paints and Coatings Finishes Contribute to Performance, Appearance
- Art Inspiring New Discussions at London Behavioral Healthcare Facility
- Assessing the Performance of Green Paints
- Avoiding Pitfalls In LEED Certification For Interiors