« Facilities Technology Briefs Home
/ Energy Efficiency
Narrow Enclosure for Drive Bypass - Yaskawa Electric America Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Yaskawa Electric America Inc.
| Company information
A NEMA 1 narrow enclosure for the E7L 2-contactor drive-bypass system, designed for commercial HVAC applications, uses an "I-Beam" design enclosure for mounting in very narrow locations. The narrow enclosure is designed with the E7L Touchpad Control and measures 39.5 feet by 9.5 inches by 10 inches. Ratings include:
- 208V, 3 phase, 1 to 10 HP
- 480V, 3 phase, 1 to 20 HP
- Altitude: 3300 ft. without de-rating
- Design and nameplate with NEC rated motor amps
- Relative humidity: 95 percent maximum non-condensing
- Storage temperature: -20C to +60C short-term temperature during transportation.
- Operating temperature: 10C to +40C (at default carrier frequency)
- Circuit breaker disconnect
- Manual drive input service switch
- 3 contactor bypass
- UL 100K AIC panel rating
- 3 or 5 percent input line impedance
- RFI filter
- LonWorks serial communication
- BACnet serial communication
The system features inputs for safety interlocks, auto run/stop, BAS/damper, remote transfer, smoke purge, 0-10vdc or 4-20ma speed signal and an RS-422/485 communication port. Outputs include two programmable analog, either 0-10vdc or 4-20ma, a Form A motor run relay and three programmable Form C relays, all rated at 250V, 1 Amp. Built-in PI maintains set point for closed loop control of fans and pumps for pressure, flow or temperature regulation and eliminates the need for closed loop output BAS signals.
PI includes feedback display, inverse, square root and differential control functions. The system is available in a NEMA 1 enclosure in ratings up to 20 HP, 480v and 10 Hp, 208v. It conforms to CE, UL and CUL requirements.
Content Category: Energy Efficiency