Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Mower Series Features Include Maintenance Reminders, Extended Cutting Width - Jacobsen - Facility Management Product Release
Jacobsen, a Textron Inc. company, announced launched the LF557/LF577 seven-reel fairway mower, in addition to enhancements to its current LF550/LF570 fairway mower series.
The all-new LF557/LF577 is the industry’s only Tier 4 Final, seven-reel fairway mower, offering unrivalled productivity. The LF557 is equipped with five-inch reels and the LF577 is equipped with seven-inch reels, with both mowers boasting a massive cutting width of 139 inches, allowing the ability to mow up to 11 acres per hour.
“Since the 1980s, our LF line of fairway mowers has been the gold standard for golf courses that want smooth, pristine-looking fairways that offer superior playability,” says Lee Frie, product manager for Jacobsen. “The new LF557/LF577 takes that legendary history and adds more than three feet of cutting width, allowing superintendents to significantly increase productivity without sacrificing quality-of-cut.”
The five-reel models (existing LF550/LF570) and new seven-reel models (LF557/577) both feature technology that makes operation and service much easier. A new AdaptiThrottle automatically manages engine speed based on demand, thus reducing fuel consumption and noise. The mowers’ InCommand Control System delivers pass code-protected, programmable max transport and mow speed settings to control cut frequency, removing tools and operator input from the equation. A new nine-bladed reel is also now available for all 5-inch reel LF models (LF510/LF550/LF557).
In addition, the new mower series features maintenance reminders that are displayed automatically on-screen and scheduled intervals to aid in proper service and increased up-time.
“Anytime superintendents can get the biggest jobs on the golf course done faster, it means there’s more time for crew members to work on other things,” says David Withers, President of Jacobsen. “Until now, the trade-off has been productivity over quality-of-cut, but the new LF557/577 offers the best of both worlds: giving superintendents the opportunity to present beautiful fairways and save valuable time.”
- Anti-icing vs. Deicing: Applying Industrial Snow Melter
- Green Landscaping Best Practices
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Ensure Safe, Reliable Operations
- Options Abound for Lawn Mower Attachments
- Snow & Ice Removal Equipment: Develop an Arsenal
- Strategies for Developing a Fleet Management Program
- Techniques for Establishing Effective Bird Control Systems
- Utility Vehicle Accessories Expand Grounds Operations
- What Task Can a Turf Maintenance Vehicle Not Perform?
- Getting The Most Out of Irrigation Systems
- Landscapes and Integrated Pest Management
- Environmentally Friendly Practices and Their Impact on Landscapes
- ‘Bark Ranger’ Gives Grounds Managers a Safety Boost
- 13 Tips for Snow Thrower Safety
- 2018 FM Salary Survey Closes Today