- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Foreign Service Facility Manager »
- Operating Engineer »
- Facilities Utility Specialist »
Motor Circuit Protectors - Schneider Electric - Facility Management Product Release
Square D PowerPact electronic motor circuit protectors (MCPs) provide motor branch short-circuit protection. Their design simplifies product selection and necessary adjustments to ensure they set to the correct in-rush characteristics of motors in compliance with National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements. It has instantaneous trip points that align with the motor and NEC requirements to ensure proper installation.
The MCP includes two dials that allow users to adjust settings based on the characteristics of the motor. The first dial allows for full-load amps (FLA) adjustment across the range of the frame size, while the second dial selects the type of motor protection based on Automatic 1 for standard efficiency or Automatic 2 for high energy efficiency. The second dial also allows for traditional motor protection from 8 to 13 times the selected FLA.
- 5 Areas of UPS Failure to Look Out For
- 4 Common Causes of Generator or Switchgear Downtime
- 8 Steps to Reliability During the Pandemic
- 3 Outdated Assumptions About Energy Management
- Arc Flash Labeling Best Practice Guide Available
- Assess Energy Options Carefully