Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Management Platform Helps Upgrade Security Systems - Averics Systems Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Averics Systems Inc.
Averics Systems Inc. has released the latest version of Cogito, its powerful web-based integrated management platform for access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring and more.
The latest release, Version 2.6, Release 3 includes more new features and functionality as well as faster improved performance and better execution of certain tasks.
Streamlined Dashboard. The new streamlined dashboard now highlights the most important information at all times and also includes a pie chart that allows users to easily monitor the status of controllers, access points, credential events, and credential usage data.
More Feature Rich Visitor Management Tool. In Version 2.6, Release 3, visitor credentials are now easily managed separately from the user credentials with a Users & Credentials menu and a distinct Visitor Credentials menu.
Configuring Visit Reasons. The Visit Reasons feature allows users to configure detailed information for visits by visitors and permits users to add and edit reasons. By default, Meeting and Others reason types are included in the system and new reason types can be created as required.
Configuring Visit Types. Visit Types allows users to configure, add and edit visitors by specific category. By default, Visitors and Contractors types are included in the system and new visit types can be created as needed.
Alternative interface for users of Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Smart client desktop icon allows alternative interface for browser types which are not supported by Cogito, such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. After the smart client is installed, a desktop icon is created which allows access to Cogito outside of the browser.
Improved User Management Wizard. In the new version, users and credentials can be added at the same time within the same wizard. In the previous version they needed to be entered separately by creating the user first and then selecting the user to add cards.
Spanish Language. The Cogito platform is now available in Spanish. It is also available in Portuguese and Dutch. A French version is planned as well.
In addition, Version 2.6, Release3 offers Axis A1001 and Axis A8004-VE support.
"With this new version we further strengthen our efforts in ensuring the unification and simplification of security management for our clients,” says Harmin Riarh, Director of Business Development for Averics. “Our goal is to enhance the effectiveness of their security operations and maximize the value of their security investment.”
Users who are benefiting from Averics’ fully hosted web-based solution will automatically experience the updated application. Desktop users can easily download the update in the Download area of the Support section of the Averics website.
Cogito bridges gaps between security and IT systems by offering a system that is built on open standards and open technologies. With Cogito, users are not limited by hardware from a single access control, video or alarm manufacturer. In addition, Cogito enables users to design a small, medium or a large scale system spanning continents with equal ease.
- A Risk Assessment Ensures Good Building Security
- Conduct A Building Security Audit To Ensure The Best Security for Occupants
- Emergency Notification Systems: Three Choices To Consider
- How Can CCTV Surveillance Systems Improve Security?
- How Does CCTV Work?
- How Window Security Film Works
- IP Security Camera Installation: Pros And Cons
- School Security Measures: Tips On Ways To Improve Security
- The Benefits of Pairing An Access Control System With A CCTV Setup
- The Benefits Of Smart Cards In An Access Control System
- The Danger of Fake Security Cameras
- Tips For Planning A Security Audit Checklist
- Visitor Management Systems Become More Sophisticated
- What Does CCTV Stand For?
- Emergency Preparedness Requirements in NFPA 3000
- New NFPA Standard Helps Facilities Prepare for Active Shooters
- 4 Strategies To Prevent Cybersecurity Attacks
- Access Control Testing
- Assess Future Needs When Putting In New Access Control
- Assess Vulnerabilities When Planning Security