- Career Opportunity- Maximize Your HVAC Skills »
- HVAC Mechanic/General Maintenance Technician »
- Director, Green Buildings/Systems and Faculty »
- Intern - Facilities & Fleet Maintenance »
- Mechanic (Non-Automotive) »
Infrared Heater - Solaronics - Facility Management Product Release
The True Dual 2-Stage Infra-red Heater is fueled by natural gas or propane. Both air and gas flows of the Solaronics system provide precise air-to-gas ratios at both high- and low-heat stages.
The heater operates in high-heat mode when the facility is cool, relative to a preselected set point temperature. When the desired set point temperature is near, the heater automatically powers down to the low-heat setting. The company estimates that the heater will operate at the low-heat setting approximately 80 percent of the time.
Heaters are available in straight and U-tube versions with input ratings from 85,000/65,000 BTUH (high-heat/low-heat) to 200,000/145,000 BTUH for both natural gas and propane. The company claims energy savings of up to 75 percent over conventional heaters.
The heaters feature direct-spark ignition and 100 percent safety shutoff. The burner is fully assembled and factory tested. Heavy duty 12 gauge black steel combustion and heat exchanger tubes carry a 10-year limited warranty. Installation is by simple chain mounting.
- 4 HVAC Strategies to Still Protect Against COVID-19
- Pandemic Shines Spotlight on VRF
- How to Choose the Proper Filter for Packaged Rooftop Units
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation