- Facilities Director »
- ELECTRICIAN »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
Hydraulic Crimping Tool Improves Access in Tight Spaces - RIDGID - Facility Management Product Release
RIDGID continues to innovate in the electrical space with the RE 12-M manual hydraulic crimp tool. The RE 12-M is the lightest and easiest to use 12-ton manual hydraulic crimping tool on the market.
The RE 12-M is used for wire termination and grounding applications to crimp compression lugs and connectors onto copper, aluminum and ACSR wire and grounding rods. The C-shaped head with 1.65-inch jaw opening is large enough for compression applications up to 1,000 MCM and has a 330-degree head rotation for better access in tight spaces.
The RIDGID RapidAdvance System on the RE 12-M engages with the lug quicker to speed up the crimping process. Only two pumps are required to engage even the smallest lug size, while having the lowest handle force in its class.
RIDGID is the only manufacturer to offer a removable Head Stand attachment. The Head Stand stabilizes the tool, allowing one person to easily position the cable and lug between the dies while simultaneously pumping the handle of the crimp tool quickly and efficiently on the ground.
“The RE 12-M is noticeably lighter and makes jobs easier for the professional with both the Head Stand and the RapidAdvance SystemTM. It provides a reliable crimp with less fatigue,” says Rob Trefz, RIDGID Global Marketing Director.
The tool comes with a heavy-duty carrying case that holds the tool, Head Stand, and space to hold up to 13 crimp dies. Also included are decals for labeling the die slots inside the case, providing optimal organization and quick access to save time.
- Aerial Lift Rental: High-Level Maintenance
- Backup Power Supplies Help Ensure Smooth Operations
- Diagnostic Technology: Thermal Imaging Cameras and Beyond
- Key Decision: Renting vs. Buying Equipment
- 3 Key Questions to Get the Right Portable Cooling Units
- 3 Key Questions Managers Should Answer for Renting Generators
- 3 Key Questions on Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
- Aerial Work Platforms: Safety Tips
- DeWalt Boosts Battery Power with Lithium-Ion System
- Diagnostic and Monitoring: Tools to Analyze Power Quality