- Vice President, Facilities »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Use your skills to help build a better world »
Hemispheric-view Security Camera - Sony - Facility Management Product Release
The SNC-HMX70 security camera maintains an all-round 360-degree hemispheric view with no blind spots — ensuring full situational awareness in a wide range of indoor surveillance applications. The camera's fixed lens and high-resolution 12-megapixel CMOS sensor stream crisply detailed, high-resolution video at 30 fps. This assures that people and objects are seen clearly, even in challenging lighting conditions.
Harshly backlit windows, lobbies and entrances are no problem for the SNC-HMX70. Intelligent Auto Exposure analyzes front and backlighting in the scene, fine-tuning exposure for footage in any lighting conditions. The camera’s 92dB dynamic range captures image detail, even in high-contrast scenes with extremes of light and shade.
Its slim, low-profile styling makes the SNC-HMX70 ideal for discreet round-the-clock monitoring. Mounted with supplied twist/click mounting ring. Power-over-Ethernet connection simplifies cabling.
24/7 situational awareness
A full-resolution 360-degree image can always be recorded, even if only a portion of the scene is being scrutinized in close-up. To provide an undistorted rectangular view, this hemispheric image can be ‘dewarped’ — using Video Management System software or the camera’s own edge dewarping function that provides three simultaneous views. In addition to full image circle and dewarped views, remote E-PTZ (Electronic Pan, Tilt and Zoom) allows high-resolution monitoring of specific Regions of Interest (ROI). Even greater monitoring flexibility is provided by a choice of Panoramic, Quad, and Corridor viewing modes.
Smart Coding intelligently distinguishes between noise and crucial picture information, as well as between moving and static parts of the scene. This reduces video bitrate by up to 50 percent, cutting network data demands without compromising picture quality.
Through Sony’s technology partnership with Bosch, the SNC-HMX70's on-board video analytics can accurately track movement through the camera’s entire coverage area. In addition, metadata is streamed from the camera to client software for further use in business analysis or search.
- A Risk Assessment Ensures Good Building Security
- Conduct A Building Security Audit To Ensure The Best Security for Occupants
- Emergency Notification Systems: Three Choices To Consider
- How Can CCTV Surveillance Systems Improve Security?
- How Does CCTV Work?
- How Window Security Film Works
- IP Security Camera Installation: Pros And Cons
- School Security Measures: Tips On Ways To Improve Security
- The Benefits of Pairing An Access Control System With A CCTV Setup
- The Benefits Of Smart Cards In An Access Control System
- The Danger of Fake Security Cameras
- Tips For Planning A Security Audit Checklist
- Visitor Management Systems Become More Sophisticated
- What Does CCTV Stand For?
- 8 Principles of Crisis Architecture Can Help Mitigate Active Shooters
- 8 Steps Can Improve Door Security As Risk of Crime Increases
- Why Facility Managers Need to Start Thinking About Crime Now
- "Crisis Architecture" Improves Odds of Surviving Active Shooters
- "It's Like Terminator!": How Hunter Drones Can Prevent Drone Attacks
- Access Control Testing