- Executive Director of Facilities & Operations »
- Mechanical Maintenance Manager »
- Sr. Building Systems Engineer »
Heat Pump - York - Facility Management Product Release
The Affinity YZH Series 18 SEER split-system heat pump from York, a division of Johnson Controls, uses a microprocessor-controlled demand-defrost system. As a result, defrosting cycles occur only when necessary, and an adjustable balance point ensures supplemental heat is supplied only when required to meet the space load.
In the event improper operating conditions occur, the unit will automatically shut down to protect the unit’s refrigerant system and switch to back-up heat. On-board diagnostic LEDs then guide technicians to the source of the problem. The control also features non-volatile memory, which preserves fault codes in the event of power loss. An anti-short cycle timer extends the life of the compressor by preventing short-cycling.
- Operations and Maintenance Considerations for Peak Boiler Efficiency
- Tool for Maximizing Boiler and Water Heater Efficiency
- For HVAC Efficiency, Reach Higher Than the Low-Hanging Fruit
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation