- Use your skills to help build a better world »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Vice President, Facilities »
Generators - Caterpillar Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
The Cat generator sets feature engines that use ACERT technology, a synergistic approach using a suite of building-block technologies that can be individually adapted to accommodate a specific application. The technology allows the generators to feature a small footprint and increased power density.
The engines in the 225-300 ekW power range feature the HEUI electronic fuel system, which provides multiple injections. Determined by the engine’s electronic control module, small amounts of fuel are injected at the appropriate times to achieve fuel economy and lower emissions.
Larger engines, with ranges above 300 ekW, use the mechanic-actuated electronic-controlled unit injector fuel system that uses a multiple injection technology similar to the HEUI fuel system.
- 5 Areas of UPS Failure to Look Out For
- 4 Common Causes of Generator or Switchgear Downtime
- 8 Steps to Reliability During the Pandemic
- 3 Outdated Assumptions About Energy Management
- Arc Flash Labeling Best Practice Guide Available
- Assess Energy Options Carefully