- HVAC Leadperson - 999921 »
- Building Automation & Security Technicians »
- Plumber, Facility Operations, Bethesda East »
- Campus Operations Manager »
- Building Technician »
Generator Modules Can Replace Batteries - Maxwell Technologies - Facility Management Product Release
The Generator Starting Solutions (GSS) product line, a part of the company’s ultracapacitor-based product offerings, help start commercial and industrial standby and backup generators (gensets).
Grid power failures are a major concern for power-critical facilities such as hospitals, hotels, data centers and server farms. Maxwell’s GSS modules support a variety of gensets, from towables to stationary power systems, and bring a high level of confidence to building operators that gensets will start when needed. While failure-to-start is often battery-related, Maxwell’s GSS modules can be installed alongside batteries to provide burst power during cranking. Alternatively, GSS modules can replace batteries entirely, thereby eliminating the most common reason for genset failure-to-start.
The GSS product line consists of BCI group 31 form factor modules that are installed with or in place of batteries for starting standby and backup generators in commercial and industrial buildings. With high power, fast response and a long operating lifetime, ultracapacitors are more durable, more reliable and more efficient than batteries. They provide high-burst starting power to gensets ranging from 50 kilowatts (kW) to 3.5 megawatts (MW). For National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 110 Type 10 requirements, GSS modules assist in restoring power within 10 seconds of failure. The GSS module reduces starting time and provides years of reliable maintenance-free starting.
- Smart Grid Goes Mainstream
- How Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Augment Smart Grid, Energy Savings
- Smart Grid: How to Integrate Buildings for Maximum Benefit
- 3 Outdated Assumptions About Energy Management
- Arc Flash Labeling Best Practice Guide Available
- Assess Energy Options Carefully