Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Floor Coating Enhances Natural Performance - 3M Scotchgard - Facility Management Product Release
Scotchgard is designed nanotechnology that protects and protects a floor’s natural appearance. The new zinc-free, low-odor formula utilizes multiple technologies to produce a hard surface that features gloss retention, superior black mark and hand sanitizer resistance, and easier black mark removal. The protector works with the 3M Resilient Floor Protection System, a solution approach to providing tough, durable protection and helping to keep floors clean and bright while requiring less maintenance and fewer chemicals.
Traditional floor finishes are high maintenance because they can quickly become dull and dirty, requiring regular stripping and refinishing to maintain their appearance. When used as a two-coat protector, it produces a clean, bright appearance that is four times as resistant to abrasion as traditional floor finishes and minimizes the need for stripping. When used in this fashion, the system allows for reduced chemical usage, increased operational efficiency, and 40 percent quicker hardness development than leading traditional acrylic floor finishes.
“Scotchgard Resilient Floor Protector customers have been able to keep their floors looking their best while eliminating some of the traditional steps required for a typical cleaning and maintenance process,” says Paul Amos, Marketing Manager at 3M. “It won the 2014 ISSA Innovation Award in the cleaning agent category, and now we've made the next generation of the product even better.” Designed for facility floor maintenance in areas such as hospitals, schools, office and retail spaces, Scotchgard Resilient Floor Protector is formulated for multiple surfaces, including sheet vinyl, linoleum, luxury vinyl, and Vinyl Composition Tile (VCT). It is available in a one-gallon bag for use with the 3M™ Easy Shine Applicator or a 2.5-gallon jug. Once floors are protected, users are able to maintain their beauty with simple daily cleaning with 3M™ Neutral Cleaner and occasional burnishing with the long-lasting 3M™ Tan Burnish Pad 3400.
- Carpet Installation Procedures: Best Practices To Follow
- Carpet Quality Matters: Ways to Evaluate Carpet Quality
- Choosing The Best Carpet Patterns
- Green Flooring: Consider Cork and Linoleum
- How Do You Clean Cork Floors?
- Key Components of a Flooring Maintenance Program
- Olefin Carpet Applications
- Tips For Applying Concrete Floor Coatings
- Understanding The Life Cycle Cost Of A VCT Floor
- Wood Floor Care Tips
- Doing Flooring Right the First Time Avoids Wild Card Costs
- How to Consider Flooring Maintenance Costs
- What is the Real Cost of Flooring?
- Acoustically Sound Classrooms
- Avoiding Adhesion Mishaps in Flooring
- Avoiding Pitfalls In LEED Certification For Interiors