Fire Alarm Monitor - Gamewell-FCI - Facility Management Product Release
The FocalPoint Mobile tablet PC allows users to monitor multiple fire alarm systems from remote locations, in real time. Providing information in text or graphic detail via CAD-type drawings, the military spec tablet PC connects via a wireless network connection or cellular broadband.
The wireless unit works in-tandem with stationary FocalPoint workstations. FocalPoint systems can be used to monitor a large variety of company fire alarms installed in remote locations. All workstations, mobile or stationary, feature auto-synchronization to keep all screens up-to-date.
From a single screen, users can navigate a facility map to view specific floor plans or identify the location and type of multiple fire alarm events. Should a device such as a smoke detector or pull station go into alarm, the system can auto-navigate to the area in which the event occurred. FocalPoint also provides a history log in which users can track and search previous incidents.
The FocalPoint system displays site-specific graphics, featuring photographs of campuses and buildings, down to floor-by-floor layouts displaying locations of fire system components (i.e. heat detectors, pull stations, etc.). Information labels can also be applied to any screen, indicating building names, hazardous materials storage or possibly areas containing occupants requiring additional assistance. All graphics can be updated to include new structures, fire system components or identification labels.
- Photoluminescent Egress Lighting: How It Works And Why
- The Importance of Firestop Training
- For Fire Safety Systems, Going Beyond Code May Pay Off
- How to Plan Fire Safety and Suppression Systems During Renovations
- Early Fire Safety Systems Planning Saves Time, Money
- Abandoned Cabling Increases Fire Risk
- Active Shooter Standard Fast-Tracked by NFPA
- Active Shooter Standard in Development at NFPA