Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Director of College Facilities »
- Sr. Director Campus Maintenance & Operations »
- Building Services Officer »
- Asst Director of Bldg Operations & Utilities »
- FACILITIES SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN »
Exterior Wall Insulation Panels Enhance Sustainability - GAF - Facility Management Product Release
With an increasing focus on sustainable building and environmental practices, energy code requirements in many parts of the country continue to change. Because of this, the need for increased R-value at the sidewalls is more important than ever. GAF, North America’s largest roofing manufacturer, introduces a product to help meet these requirements – ThermaCal Wall Insulation Panels.
Designed to add insulation value to the outside of exterior sidewalls while serving as a nailable base for exterior sidewall coverings, ThermaCal Wall Exterior Wall Insulation Panels help reduce heat loss and cold drive into the living space of a home. They can also help reduce associated energy costs and meet the increased R-value energy code requirements being adopted in certain climate zones. ThermaCal Wall Panels attach to structural exterior sidewalls and can be fastened to outside wall sheathing, metal, or masonry walls.
Insulating only the cavity wall leaves up to 25 percent of the wall area underinsulated by studs, creating a thermal bridge. Installing ThermaCal Wall Panels helps eliminate thermal bridging by covering the studs while adding continuous insulation to the rest of the wall. The panels also help minimize heat loss through their exclusive tongue-and-groove design.
Supporting the GAF focus on reducing hassles for contractors, ThermaCal Wall Panels are constructed with cut-back sheathing, allowing for precision fit and clearance for sheathing expansion. They also offer versatility and can be used on commercial exterior sidewall applications without the need for interior alterations.
- General Window Maintenance Tips: What To Look For
- How Window Security Film Works
- Solar Window Films As An Energy Efficient Retrofit
- Window Ratings: The Key to Understanding Window Efficiency
- How Cool Walls Help Whole-Building Energy Efficiency
- How Façade Inspection Leads to Damage Repair
- Requirements for a Façade Inspection
- AAMA Releases Standard for Determining Thermal Performance in Commercial Buildings
- Build Walls Right The First Time
- Chameleon Panels Could Help Buildings Manage Light and Heat