Exterior Coating - Sto Corp. - Facility Management Product Release
Lotusan is an exterior wall coating modeled on the microstructure of the lotus leaf. On a lotus plant, after each rainfall the leaves are clean and dry and dirt runs off with the raindrops. This similar technology used in the exterior coating imparts super-hydrophobic properties - the Lotus Effect - to the product.
Coating is highly resistant to soiling, mold, mildew and algae, has excellent weather and chalk resistance and high water vapor permeability. Lotusan is ideal for new construction and recoat projects over concrete, stucco, EIFS, and fiber cement board substrates, according to the company. It has a smooth matte surface and is available in 38 standard colors plus custom color matching.
- Paints and Coatings Applications for Long-Term Performance
- Tactics for Successful Surface Prep and Paint Applications
- Paints: The Bottom Line on Surface Preparation
- Art Inspiring New Discussions at London Behavioral Healthcare Facility
- Assessing the Performance of Green Paints
- Avoiding Pitfalls In LEED Certification For Interiors