- Foreign Service Facility Manager »
- Operating Engineer »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- Facilities Utility Specialist »
Dropout Recloser - S&C Electric Co. - Facility Management Product Release
S&C’s TripSaver Dropout Recloser, offered in system class voltage ratings of 15 and 27 kV, is suited for lateral circuits that frequently experience momentary faults. This recloser is designed to eliminate the permanent outages which can result when lateral fuses operate in response to these momentary faults. TripSaver also eliminates the momentary interruptions on feeders in instances where the substation breaker is tripped to save the lateral fuse during a momentary fault.
This self-powered, electronically controlled vacuum recloser is available for installation in new or existing cutout mountings. A two-insulator branch-feeder style mounting is also available for new installations. It requires no programming or batteries for back-up power.
TripSaver features an open-close-open-dropout operating sequence with a 5-second reclosing time interval. The interrupter resets five seconds after dropout, ready for the next operation. The first opening operation uses a fast clearing time. The second opening operation uses a time-current characteristic equivalent to either a 50K or 100K fuse link. This operating sequence provides coordination with the substation breaker and downstream transformer fuses.
- 5 Areas of UPS Failure to Look Out For
- 4 Common Causes of Generator or Switchgear Downtime
- 8 Steps to Reliability During the Pandemic
- 3 Outdated Assumptions About Energy Management
- Arc Flash Labeling Best Practice Guide Available
- Assess Energy Options Carefully