Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
- Building Automation
- Ceilings, Furniture & Walls
- Doors & Hardware
- Equipment Rental & Tools
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Management
- Grounds Management
- Fire Safety/Protection
- Maintenance & Operations
- Plumbing & Restrooms
- Power & Communication
Customizable Drilling and Fastening System Connects Tools Wirelessly - Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp. - Facility Management Product Release
Milwaukee Tool continues to revolutionize the tool industry with the introduction of new M18 Fuel drill drivers, hammer drills and compact impacts that can be completely customized for better control over power, speed and consistency through One-Key. These new drilling and fastening solutions connect wirelessly to the One-Key app, allowing users to use predetermined set-ups for specific fasteners and materials, or completely customize their own profile with torque and speed settings for the application at hand.
“This is an exciting time in power tool history. Our M18 Fuel drills and impacts are the most powerful on the market. Because these tools feature a combination of the smartest electronics available, brushless motors and advanced lithium-ion batteries, their power and versatility make them perfect for an incredibly wide variety of applications. With all this power at their fingertips, our users want to be able to harness the performance and customize it for their specific needs,” says Christian Coulis, Vice President of Product Management for Milwaukee Tool. “With One-Key we’re giving our users the ability to take full advantage of the sophisticated electronics in our M18 Fuel tools so they can communicate with them in ways never before possible and tailor their tool to how they work.”
The Tool Control functionality within One-Key allows users to customize a variety of settings in managing tool output — everything from torque and speed to trigger ramp up and sensing progress throughout a given application. Easily configured, these tools will automatically adjust based on the inputs.
• Create – Users will be able to use their smart device to connect to any One-Key compatible M18 Fuel tool within 50 feet and create custom profiles that make the tool match the way they work. Tool Control will give these users two ways to customize: They can create their own profile by adjusting speed or torque, or they can access available setups based on common applications like self-tapping screws, concrete anchors and hole-saw drilling. These setups will remove the guesswork by providing torque and speed outputs based on selected materials, fasteners and accessories.
• Save – With the touch of the button on the tool, users will be able to easily go back and forth between these saved profiles so that each application is done with the most accurate and productive settings. Once the tool is set, a phone is no longer needed.
• Outperform – The ability to communicate with a tool, maximize its potential and save settings that achieved the best results will revolutionize the way work gets done. With unmatched control and speed for the most consistent results, users will experience up to 25 percent more run-time, 50 percent faster driving speeds, four times longer accessory life, as well as reduced tool stalling, and damage to fasteners and materials.
“This is truly a game-changer for the industry and its professionals,” Coulis says. “We’re, essentially, pushing the boundaries of cordless tools and putting the power to do so in the hands of the people who know their tools best – the users.”
As with all M18 Fuel products, the new tools feature three Milwaukee-exclusive innovations — the PowerState brushless motor, RedLithium XC5.0 battery pack and RedLink Plus intelligence hardware and software— to deliver unmatched performance, durability and run-time.
- Aerial Lift Rental: High-Level Maintenance
- Backup Power Supplies Help Ensure Smooth Operations
- Diagnostic Technology: Thermal Imaging Cameras and Beyond
- Key Decision: Renting vs. Buying Equipment
- Understanding Power Tool Features and Functions to Improve Efficiency
- Specifying Power Tools That Improve Productivity
- Rental Equipment: Keys to Success
- Aerial Work Platforms: Safety Tips
- DeWalt Boosts Battery Power with Lithium-Ion System
- Diagnostic and Monitoring: Tools to Analyze Power Quality