Concrete Patch and Repair Products Help Restore Flooring - Dur-A-Flex Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
Dur-A-Flex, Inc. has added two new concrete patch and repair products to its product line; Dur-A-Tex LM (Latex Mortar) and Dur-A-Tex UM (Urethane Mortar). With these two new additions, Dur-A-Flex is now even better equipped to provide a single-stop for flooring contractors to obtain everything they’ll need for a successful resinous floor installation.
Dur-A-Tex LM is a quick-curing, single-component latex mortar requiring only the addition of water for mixing and use. Dur-A-Tex UM is a three-component urethane mortar supplied as a pre-measured kit for simple use on-site. Both products are designed for bucket mixing and trowel application and can be applied prior to installing any of Dur-A-Flex’s Accelera, Hybri-Flex, Poly-Crete or Epoxy floor systems. Dur-A-Tex LM is supplied in 50 lb. bags and each covers approximately 0.5 cubic feet or 50 square feet at 1/8”. It can be applied as a skim coat up to 2 inches neat or up to 5 inches extended. Dur-A-Tex UM is supplied as a 40 lb. three-part kit consisting of a bag of aggregate and a pre-measured resin and hardener. Each kit covers approximately 0.3 cubic feet or 14 square feet at ¼”. It can be applied at ¼ inch to 2 inches neat or up to 6 inches extended.
“The majority of resinous flooring projects require some degree of patching, filling or pitching of the concrete substrate prior to the application of coatings,” says Patrick Meade, Vice President, Sales and Technical Support. “Having the convenience of a compatible, ready-to-use mortar system like Dur-A-Tex to complete a product order allows installers piece of mind to know they have all the necessary tools onsite to allow their projects to be completed efficiently and successfully,” he adds.
- Carpet Installation Procedures: Best Practices To Follow
- Carpet Quality Matters: Ways to Evaluate Carpet Quality
- Choosing The Best Carpet Patterns
- Green Flooring: Consider Cork and Linoleum
- How Do You Clean Cork Floors?
- Key Components of a Flooring Maintenance Program
- Olefin Carpet Applications
- Tips For Applying Concrete Floor Coatings
- Understanding The Life Cycle Cost Of A VCT Floor
- Wood Floor Care Tips
- The Facilities Manager's Role in Flooring Projects
- Avoiding Flooring Hazards and Complying with OSHA
- Doing Flooring Right the First Time Avoids Wild Card Costs
- Acoustically Sound Classrooms
- Avoiding Adhesion Mishaps in Flooring
- Avoiding Pitfalls In LEED Certification For Interiors