Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
Cloud-Based Security Management System Provides Mobile Access - Schneider Electric - Facility Management Product Release
Schneider Electric introduced AccessXpert, a new, fully web-based security management solution. Based on the latest in open-protocol support, AccessXpert simplifies and streamlines security management for today’s on-the-move security staff.
The new solution leverages secure, cloud-based technologies to provide building owners, managers and security personnel with anywhere, anytime mobile access to video surveillance, intrusion detection, access control, alarm management and other systems. In addition, it merges security with Schneider Electric’s SmartStruxure building management system (BMS) to enable clearer decisions, faster responses and maximum facility efficiency.
“AccessXpert marks an evolution of intelligent building integration that aligns security and sustainability for enhanced building efficiency and performance,” says Jim Sandelin, senior vice president, EcoBuilding, Schneider Electric North America Operation. “Today’s security professionals operate in a constantly changing, on-the-move environment and need access to critical data from their laptops, tablets or smart phones. We are committed to providing our customers with the world’s most open and innovative security solutions to help make more informed decisions and ultimately drive savings."
AccessXpert is a collaborative effort led by Schneider Electric with Mercury Security and Feenics, all contributing their unique expertise. Mercury Security’s open hardware platforms make AccessXpert an affordable migration option for customers, including standardized integration to third-party security devices such as door hardware or intrusion detection. With a robust access control software platform from Feenics, AccessXpert moves into the cloud enabling access anywhere, anytime. Schneider Electric brings its long-standing commitment to integrated, smart buildings, integrating AccessXpert to its StruxureWare BMS software platform with full BACnet support.
"We are very excited to partner with a leading, global organization like Schneider Electric to bring new value to security managers facing budget constraints," says Frank Gasztonyi, CTO of Mercury Security. "Their approach to embedding Mercury's open-access technology into their security system platform and complementary focus on building integration provides a unique solution to the industry."
“AccessXpert is the perfect solution for those looking to modernize their security infrastructure without having to make significant IT investments,” says Paul DiPeso, Executive Vice President, Feenics. “We are proud to help put comprehensive security management power into the hands of building owners and facility managers through this collaborative effort with Schneider Electric and Mercury Security.”
- A Risk Assessment Ensures Good Building Security
- Conduct A Building Security Audit To Ensure The Best Security for Occupants
- Emergency Notification Systems: Three Choices To Consider
- How Can CCTV Surveillance Systems Improve Security?
- How Does CCTV Work?
- How Window Security Film Works
- IP Security Camera Installation: Pros And Cons
- School Security Measures: Tips On Ways To Improve Security
- The Benefits of Pairing An Access Control System With A CCTV Setup
- The Benefits Of Smart Cards In An Access Control System
- The Danger of Fake Security Cameras
- Tips For Planning A Security Audit Checklist
- Visitor Management Systems Become More Sophisticated
- What Does CCTV Stand For?
- The Facilities Manager's Guide to Disruption
- Door Hardware and Security Resources
- 3 Steps to Building Automation System Cybersecurity
- "Crisis Architecture" Improves Odds of Surviving Active Shooters
- "It's Like Terminator!": How Hunter Drones Can Prevent Drone Attacks
- Access Control Testing