Camera Reads License Plates On the Edge - Genetec - Facility Management Product Release
The AutoVu SharpV camera is designed for fixed ALPR installations. It can be tied into citywide video surveillance systems to improve forensic investigations, reporting, monitoring, and is ideally suited for controlling access to corporate facilities, as well as managing off-street parking facilities. The SharpV-ITS model offers a solution specifically targeted at the intelligent transportation sector.
The AutoVu SharpV can be easily mounted on walls or poles. With power and communication transferring through a Power-over- Ethernet plus (PoE+) connection, and a varifocal lens design that allows installers to easily adjust the focal distance of the camera on site for optimal image capture, the SharpV simplifies system specification and provides flexibility during deployment.
With high-definition ALPR and context cameras and onboard processing in a single device, the SharpV can detect and read any type of license plate on the edge, and includes various analytics such as vehicle make and direction of travel.
The SharpV can also be integrated with Omnicast, the IP video surveillance system of Security Center, the Genetec unified security platform. The SharpV can simultaneously stream live video to Omnicast, doubling as video surveillance unit and recorded video can be associated with ALPR hits to enhance awareness and investigations. SharpV also supports the AutoVu Free Flow parking enforcement module to increase parking enforcement efficiency by providing a real-time inventory of vehicles parked illegally in monitored parking lots.
- A Risk Assessment Ensures Good Building Security
- Conduct A Building Security Audit To Ensure The Best Security for Occupants
- Emergency Notification Systems: Three Choices To Consider
- How Can CCTV Surveillance Systems Improve Security?
- How Does CCTV Work?
- How Window Security Film Works
- IP Security Camera Installation: Pros And Cons
- School Security Measures: Tips On Ways To Improve Security
- The Benefits of Pairing An Access Control System With A CCTV Setup
- The Benefits Of Smart Cards In An Access Control System
- The Danger of Fake Security Cameras
- Tips For Planning A Security Audit Checklist
- Visitor Management Systems Become More Sophisticated
- What Does CCTV Stand For?
- 8 Steps Can Improve Door Security As Risk of Crime Increases
- Why Facility Managers Need to Start Thinking About Crime Now
- Security Issues: Successful Door Hardware Upgrades
- "Crisis Architecture" Improves Odds of Surviving Active Shooters
- "It's Like Terminator!": How Hunter Drones Can Prevent Drone Attacks
- Access Control Testing