BAS Uses Analytics to Drive Management Decisions - Automated Logic Corporation - Facility Management Product Release
WebCTRL, a web-based building automation platform, features optimized trend reporting, new visualization tools, mobile support capability and Open Automated Demand Response (ADR) to further help manage building energy conservation measures, identify key operational problems and analyze the end results.
The WebCTRL system allows building owners and facility managers to balance energy efficiency with occupant comfort and uses building analytics and visual data to help drive smart management decisions. Features of the WebCTRL v6.5 system include:
• Optimized trend engine – Performance and storage enhancements have been made to the WebCTRL system’s powerful trending engine, providing operators with the ability to store, visualize, and process years of historical building data in just seconds. The turbo-charged trend engine offers 15 times the original read speed, 10 times the original delete speed, and five times the original write speed of trend data, all while using 70 percent less storage space. The result is that facility managers can capture even more building information faster, allowing them to analyze past building performance to drive smart decisions in the future.
• Powerful data visualization tools – Data visualization in the WebCTRL system is now even more powerful. A toolkit for dashboards allows building operators to create their own customized dashboards for viewing the key performance metrics in their building, providing them with increased visibility into their building operations at any time. In a world where anything of significance should be measured and watched so that it can be improved, these dashboards make it easy for operators to know when their building is performing well and when it isn’t.
• Enhanced mobile and screen navigation – The WebCTRL system automatically detects small-screen devices such as smart phones and tablets, providing users with an optimal viewing and interaction experience.
• OpenADR add-on – This software application allows the WebCTRL
v6.5 system to retrieve live power demand information from a participating utility company and then shed load based on pre-programmed demand response strategies. Fully compliant with the OpenADR v2.0a/b protocol, this add-on allows customers to curb their electrical demand (kW) in order to gain financial benefits such as a reduction in electrical costs or incentives.
- How to Realize the Promise of a Smart Building
- 7 Things to Consider Before Implementing Smart Building Technology
- Smart Building Technology Hold Promise, Peril in the Age of COVID-19
- Alarm Fatigue: FDD Failure At Cleveland Fertility Clinic Has Devastating Results
- Analytics, Fault Detection Improve Building Automation Capabilities
- Arizona State University Invests in the Internet of Things