- Senior Director of Facilities »
- Construction engineer, U.S. Dept. of State »
- DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE FACILITIES »
- Director of Facilities and Fleet Management »
- ELECTRICIAN »
Articulating Boom Lift Provides Access to Hard-to-Reach Areas - JLG Industries Inc. - Facility Management Product Release
JLG Industries, Inc. presents the world’s tallest and farthest reaching articulating boom lift, the 1500AJP, with a working envelope of more than 74,000 cubic meters of reachable space.
The 1500AJP allows operators to reach more work space — 60 percent more than the next closest articulated boom on the market — and take more materials with them than any other articulating boom lift. That’s because the new boom lift features a category-leading work envelope, up-and-over height of 18.3 meters, a working outreach of 23.5 meters, and platform capacity of 270 kilograms unrestricted and 450 kilograms restricted. Operators will fully appreciate the 450 kilogram platform capacity which is available throughout the vast majority of the working envelope.
The machine also features a standard 2.4-meter jib that raises and lowers 135 degrees to provide additional reach, up-and-over capability, and the ability to position the platform independent of the main boom. In addition, the jib pivots horizontally 125 degrees to provide extra maneuverability at elevated work sites.
The 1500AJP leads the industry in lift speeds, allowing operators to spend more time working and less time positioning the machine. The boom’s Quick Stick feature enables the lift to move from the ground to maximum platform height in 2 minutes 15 seconds and return to the ground at the same speed.
Operators will appreciate the LCD panel that clearly communicates the position of the boom in the work envelope and the status of its operating systems. They can also be assured of a smooth, comfortable transition from full function speed to full stop, thanks to end of stroke cylinder dampening.
“We carefully considered all of our customers’ concerns and requirements as we designed the 1500AJP from the ground up,” says Corey Raymo, JLG Industries global category director, boom lifts. “The result is another one-of-a-kind and industry-leading boom lift that again demonstrates JLG’s long history of innovation in machine design and manufacturing.”
The 1500AJP offers improved serviceability, thanks to a swing-out engine tray that provides easy access to key service components, and a hydraulic system that simplifies hose routings and reduces leak points. In addition, an LCD panel located at the ground control panel uses text and fault codes to improve troubleshooting and reduce the number and duration of service calls.
Other time-saving features when positioning the lift include:
● 40 percent gradeability
● 360-degree continuous turntable rotation
● Four-wheel drive
● Hydraulically powered pivoting axles that expand quickly for fast setup time
- Aerial Lift Rental: High-Level Maintenance
- Backup Power Supplies Help Ensure Smooth Operations
- Diagnostic Technology: Thermal Imaging Cameras and Beyond
- Key Decision: Renting vs. Buying Equipment
- 3 Key Questions to Get the Right Portable Cooling Units
- 3 Key Questions Managers Should Answer for Renting Generators
- 3 Key Questions on Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
- Aerial Work Platforms: Safety Tips
- DeWalt Boosts Battery Power with Lithium-Ion System
- Diagnostic and Monitoring: Tools to Analyze Power Quality