- Director, Green Buildings/Systems and Faculty »
- Career Opportunity- Maximize Your HVAC Skills »
- Facilities Services Supervisor »
- Mechanic (Non-Automotive) »
- Grounds Supervisor »
App Provides On-Demand Comfort - Comfy - Facility Management Product Release
Comfy is an occupant-facing, smart building software app that delivers on-demand, personalized comfort and productivity in the workplace. Comfy turns every employee's smartphone into a "remote control for the office," by plugging into existing building systems and using machine learning to automatically tune the building based on personal patterns and preferences.
Occupants use the app to select a location and make a request to instantly warm or cool the space. The system plugs into the BAS via BACnet/IP and communicates with HVAC systems. The system is subscription-based, with no upfront fixed fees. Hot/cold calls are nearly eliminated, according to the company, which says the app typically cuts HVAC energy costs.
- Pandemic Shines Spotlight on VRF
- How to Choose the Proper Filter for Packaged Rooftop Units
- What You Need to Know About Economizers
- 5 Steps to Chiller Efficiency
- A Modest Proposal: What If We Air Condition the Outdoors?
- A VFD Offers Energy Savings, Other Benefits from Part-Load HVAC Operation