Best Information Tool For Busy FMs
We will keep you updated with trends, education, strategies, insights & benchmarks to help drive your career & project success.
App Helps Improve Mobile Efficiency - MSDSonline - Facility Management Product Release
MSDSonline introduced enhancements to its Chemical Inventory Scanner application, expanding coverage to include most Apple® and Android™ devices, adding additional functionality, and improving upon an already easy-to-navigate user interface. The app improvements make it easier for users to scan and search barcodes for improved access to container details, safety data sheets (SDS) and other important chemical inventory information.
The Chemical Inventory Scanner works seamlessly with MSDSonline HQ and HQ RegXR Accounts for a quick and easy way to locate and manage the contents of chemical containers. The app uses the mobile device camera to scan barcode or QR labels, allowing users to more easily reconcile chemical inventories while in the field. Additionally, all changes made with the app are then automatically updated in the online account inventory.
Features of the Chemical Inventory Scanner app include:
· Syncs directly to MSDSonline account
· Search, view, edit, clone and move containers within the app
· Multi-scan option captures 100s of containers at once for future editing
· Access safety data sheets and product summary details from a quick scan or barcode search
· UPC code scan and search capabilities
· Expanded device compatibility includes iPad® (iOS7 and later), iPhone® (iOS7 and later), Android tablets (4.4 and later) and Android smartphones (4.4 and later)
“The recent updates to the Chemical Inventory Scanner app give customers even more scanning and search options, along with greater mobile device usability, for better access to information about where containers are being used and stored in their facility,” says Mike Flynn, VP of product development for MSDSonline. “As companies move toward weaving mobile technology into workplace processes at a greater frequency than ever before, we will continue to improve our best-in-class chemical inventory management product functionality to meet growing customer and industry demands.”
The mobile scanner app improvements provide customers with greater container-level control over their inventory, and the updates come at a time when millions of workplaces across the country covered by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration’s (OSHA’s) Hazard Communication Standard (HazCom or HCS) are working to update their label and safety data sheet management systems to meet OSHA’s Globally Harmonized System (GHS) compliance deadlines.
“While the focus of the updates to the Chemical Inventory Scanner application were made to improve in-the-field access and management of customers’ chemical inventory information, enhancements were certainly made with the GHS transition in mind,” says Cassandra Minutillo, director of product development. “For example, the app functionality now makes it easier for users to immediately scan and review, or if necessary, search for a chemical’s GHS-aligned safety data sheet. In addition, customers will enjoy a more streamlined experience for accessing, updating and capturing other important chemical information. They can do all of this when and where they need to most — in their work environment.”
The Chemical Inventory Scanner app updates are currently available for MSDSonline customers on the App Store and Google Play™.
- BIM Software As A Facility Management Tool
- CMMS: The Benefits of Maintenance Management Software
- Facility Maintenance Software: Finding The Right CMMS Solution
- Making a CMMS Software System Work Over the Long Term
- What Is A CMMS? A Concise CMMS Definition
- How To Shop for Facility Software in Four Steps
- 3 Steps to Successful Software Training
- Cybersecurity Must Be a Priority for Building Owners
- Arizona State University Invests in the Internet of Things
- Asset Data Management: Four Software Solutions
- BIM Use Can Reduce Construction Costs